Storyline 360: Slide Automatically Advancing without Trigger

Jul 07, 2021

I am trying to figure out why slide 1.2 is automatically advancing to slide 1.3 prior to the user selecting an option, or hitting the next arrow.  The slide properties are set to - Slide Advances: By user 

There are also no triggers attached to the timeline that would force it forward.  Project is attached.  Any help is appreciated! 

11 Replies
Walt Hamilton

When you hover over the arrows in STORY VIEW, you will see that there is a trigger. I can't find where it is, and I can't edit it, so I think it is a corruption of some sort. Try deleting the slide and recreating it from scratch to see if that helps. Be sure to delete the slide, and don't attempt to copy any of its elements, because you don't know what is corrupted.

Gary Baldock

We reported this bug a while back as had the same issue across multiple courses.

The only fix at the moment is to select the slide in the slide sorter on the left, hover over the red arrows and right click the arrow which shows the jump to next slide when timeline starts trigger. You will then have an option to 'Disconnect link'. Once thats done the issue will be solved for that specific slide. If you duplicate the slide it will happen again on the next slide - so a bit of a manual process to fix.

Hope this helps.

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

Great news! We released a new update for Storyline 360 today. In Update 54 (Build 3.54.25674.0), we fixed the bug where when duplicating question slides or importing them from a template, a hidden trigger could get added to the slides, causing them to be skipped in the published output.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for help in this discussion or a support case.

Steven Benassi

Hi Eric!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback! I'd be happy to help!

Testing the behavior on my end (64-bit Storyline 360 version 3.85.31840.0 via Windows Parallels on a Mac M1) I was unable to reproduce the bug previously addressed in this discussion.

To clarify, are you seeing this issue across multiple Storyline projects in the latest version, or just this one specifically? Also, does importing the content from the affected file into a new Storyline project fix the behavior?

If that doesn't do the trick, would you be comfortable sharing a copy of your file for testing on our end? Feel free to upload it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Steven Benassi

Hi Cherie!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

I see that you've already opened a support case, sharing your file privately with my colleague Carlo. Great idea! It looks like Carlo just replied to your e-mail providing more insight into this behavior.

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot.

Steven Benassi

Hi Sarah!

I'm sorry to hear you've also hit this snag!

It would be helpful to have a closer look at the .story file that's giving you trouble. Would you be comfortable sharing a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

We'll delete it from our system as soon as troubleshooting is complete!

Steven Benassi

Hi VVG University!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Happy to help!

All slides automatically play by default in Storyline 360, unless there’s a pause timeline trigger at the beginning. Storyline 360 adds two default triggers when importing PowerPoint slides (Slide Trigger & Player Trigger). If the slides are advancing automatically and you prefer them to advance by the action of the learner, you would need to switch the 'Slide advances' setting to 'By user'.

slide-advance-setting

Also, it would be helpful to have a closer look at the .story file itself. Would you be comfortable sharing a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case?