Storyline 360 split audio request

Good morning!

I wanted to request an enhancement and am not sure of where to do that. It would be so helpful to be able to easily split an audio file to more easily sync the audio timing with the timing of a screencast. I can work around it but it's more time consuming than just a simple split button like in Camtasia.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Katie Gokhshteyn

Hi Cheryl,

I might recommend utilizing one of the methods detailed here to split one audio file across multiple slides.

Fun fact: In addition to posting in the community, you are also welcome to submit feature requests directly to Articulate through this link, which is really neat!

I hope this helps!

Cheryl Hoover

Thanks, Katie. I appreciate the links. I'm actually looking to split one audio file and keep the split versions in the same slide but just move them around a bit on the timeline. I know I can also add white space in the audio editing tool, but split is a nice, simple solution.

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Cheryl, 

You could look at duplicating the audio file, and then deleting or cropping the individual ones to be only the sections you need. It may be a bit more labor intensive than you'd see in a traditional audio editing software. 

With Storyline, there are always a couple ways to accomplish something - so I'll be curious to see if others in the community have ideas!