[Storyline 360 V3.30.19518.0]Error While publishing to LMS Scorm

Aug 01, 2019

hi guys, 

can anyone help  me with this, i cant publish my course either using Scorm 1.2 or 2004 gen 4. heres the Log

Scorm 2004 Gen4

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<EmailAddress>bryan.sionicio@teamhgs.com</EmailAddress>
<UserId>auth0|5ceba084f8d6011101408ea3</UserId>
<MachineName>MNL3HRLND10</MachineName>
<HardwareId>TV93U-M4HXH-HGQLH-URP13-F99UA</HardwareId>
<Message>There was an error generating the XML document.</Message>
<StackTrace> at void System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, string encodingStyle, string id)
at void Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.c(string A_0, string A_1)
at string Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.a(string A_0, string A_1, string A_2, string A_3, string A_4, Action&lt;string, string&gt; A_5)
at ClosedCaptionsPublishedFiles Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.PublishClosedCaptions(ClosedCaptionsAssetParser closedCaptionsAssetParser, string publishedMediaFileName)
at bwAudio Articulate.Design.Publish.Player.PlayerUtils.AddAudio(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slideobj, string id, string sourceFilePath, string mp3Filename, string friendlyName, IAudioConversionProgress progress, bool canNormalize, IAsset closedCaptionsAsset)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shapes.Sound.CreateStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shape.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shape.Articulate.Player.IPlayerShape.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.a(IEnumerable&lt;IPlayerShape&gt; A_0, bwSlideBase A_1)
at bwSlide Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateSlideObject(IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateBridgewaterSlide(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateContentScenes(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at bwContent Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.WriteContent(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.Write(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at void nr.n()
at void Articulate.Design.Publish.TargetContext+PublishBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at void Articulate.ComponentModel.STABackgroundWorker.a(object A_0)</StackTrace>
</ErrorReport>

Scorm 1.2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<EmailAddress>bryan.sionicio@teamhgs.com</EmailAddress>
<UserId>auth0|5ceba084f8d6011101408ea3</UserId>
<MachineName>MNL3HRLND10</MachineName>
<HardwareId>TV93U-M4HXH-HGQLH-URP13-F99UA</HardwareId>
<Message>There was an error generating the XML document.</Message>
<StackTrace> at void System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, string encodingStyle, string id)
at void Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.c(string A_0, string A_1)
at string Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.a(string A_0, string A_1, string A_2, string A_3, string A_4, Action&lt;string, string&gt; A_5)
at ClosedCaptionsPublishedFiles Articulate.Design.ClosedCaptions.ClosedCaptionsPublisher.PublishClosedCaptions(ClosedCaptionsAssetParser closedCaptionsAssetParser, string publishedMediaFileName)
at bwAudio Articulate.Design.Publish.Player.PlayerUtils.AddAudio(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slideobj, string id, string sourceFilePath, string mp3Filename, string friendlyName, IAudioConversionProgress progress, bool canNormalize, IAsset closedCaptionsAsset)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shapes.Sound.CreateStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shape.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.Shape.Articulate.Player.IPlayerShape.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.a(IEnumerable&lt;IPlayerShape&gt; A_0, bwSlideBase A_1)
at bwSlide Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateSlideObject(IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateBridgewaterSlide(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateContentScenes(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at bwContent Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.WriteContent(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.Write(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
at void nr.n()
at void Articulate.Design.Publish.TargetContext+PublishBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at void Articulate.ComponentModel.STABackgroundWorker.a(object A_0)</StackTrace>
</ErrorReport>

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Bryan. Thanks for these extra clues!

For next steps, would you mind sharing an affected .story file with me? I'll share my findings with you, and will delete the file from my computer after troubleshooting. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by using this upload link

In the meantime, if the crash happens with a specific file: Try importing the slides into a new Storyline file by following these steps. Does that fix the problem? 🤞

bryan sionicio

the suggestion that i've received is really just a patch solution, what i want to know what caused it so that i could just think of an alternative way plus the suggestion "copy paste" elements to a new slide is just gonna add more time on a project that is already built. i just want to know what caused it if so that i could just remove it instead of redoing this on a new slide with a lot of layers.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bryan, 

It sounds like the import of slides from one Storyline file to a new one worked? I'd always recommend that over a copy/paste from one file to another, as the import keeps all the items intact and in their correct location. 

Based on the details here, and the information you shared with Katie privately, it sounds like the file may have been corrupt? Determining the cause of corruption is notoriously difficult and hard to track down, but often is tracked to not following the best practices and tips outlined here.   I'd suggest taking a look at those and keeping it in mind as you work on future projects! 

Let me know if you need anything else - we're here to help! 

bryan sionicio

Yeap it work considering the sample above was on the default player . but i didnt do that since it will just give me more time and backlog this project, ive been waiting for a real answer on this. but anyway i found out whats really going on, but before that using the "FIX" isnt efficient neither areal solution on this. the real solution should be pin point the real cause of this error, the module is a long one and replicating it isnt practical. so what i did is i  review the error logs and found out that when you try to import generated voice over to another computer and import it to a new project without internet connection this happens. on top of that the main cause of this problem is not really the text neither the generated VO but the Captions. if you disabled the player tools such as play,pause,toc,etc on the default player this error will pop up.. when i try to replicate the VO it work as well as i also try to edit the existing VO and try to disable the Caption check mark it seems that it wont be disable so i dont have any other choice but to create a new TTS for that and it work. based on the error logs it matches. not most of the time practical isnt the efficient way of doing things, most of the time is to find the root cause of the problem so that as a developer you will develop a good sense of best practice to avoid this problem. by the way can you submit a ticket on this i think its a bug that when you generate a TTS on a computer that has internet on a blank project and try to import that project to a computer without a computer, the Caption check mark wont disable. it should be able to disable this but it not. hope this helps 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.