Storyline

May 18, 2021

I have been working on a tutorial file and cannot workout why a variable, once reversed does not work.... For instance:

Working Variable (1)
I create a variable that adds 10 to 'Total Score' variable with a condition is set to when state is not equal to 'visited'.  Part of the variable changes the state from Normal to visited.

The variable works fine however if I reverse the variable:

Not working Variable (2)

Add 10 to 'total score' when conditional variable = to 'normal'.  I have not changed the trigger to change state from normal to visited.  

The second variable is working as the text is changing colour.  However the 'total score' continues to increase by 10 every time the hotspot is clicked despite the state being in a visited state.

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

"Visited" is a "Normal" state. It, like several of the other built-in states, is a lot like most of us; deep down, it considers itself to be normal.  That's why the color changes when the state is normal or Visited. Using "is visited", or "not = visited" may solve the problem. If you want it to sometimes be Visited, and sometimes to be Normal, "Selected" is a better choice than "Visited", because "Selected" changes back and forth when clicked.