Storyline and Powerpoint

Nov 01, 2012

I am having difficulty with getting powerpoints with animations to run in storyline. I am using powerpoint 2010 and when I add a new slide and choose the powerpoint option within storyline and then try and test the slide when it has been imported, the preview will not run the slide. Can anyone help here. Also, how do i sync voice with actions within storyline?

Thanks so much

Andy

1 Reply
Patti Bryant

Andy,

Animations in Storyline

The bad news: Not all of the animations available in PowerPoint will work in Storyline. Click here to view a list of the animations that will work in Storyline. If you have an animation that you really want to use in Storyline, a workaround is to import the slide as a video. Simply do a Save and Send in PowerPoint and choose to create a video. Then, import that video into Storyline. 

The good news: Articulate is working on enhancing this - so yay!

Syncing Voice with Actions

Others may be able to weigh in on this topic better than I can - maybe they've found other ways to go about it. However, I generally just use the toolbar to sync my narration and what is viewed on the screen within Storyline. Click here to view step-by-step instructions regarding the toolbar if you're not familiar with it. 

I hope this helps!

Keepin' the joy,
Patti 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.