Storyline block cancels conditions on Rise 360 Continue Block

Jun 17, 2020

Hi

I'm wanting to use the functionality of the Continue Block to block progress unless the learner has completed the Storyline interactive block immediately preceding it.  When in Edit, the restricted state of the Continue Block shows, but in Preview, the Continue block shows as normal and can be clicked and advanced to the next lesson without the Storyline block being done.

The Storyline block includes a Submit button

I found this link https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-How-to-Require-Learners-to-Complete-a-Storyline-Block, but the Track using Complete Course Trigger referred to is greyed out.

I'm quite a newbie using triggers etc, so apologies if this is a really simple fix, but I'd very much appreciate some help!

I've attached the Storyline block

2 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Jenn,

Happy to help here! It looks like you just need to insert a Complete Course trigger on your question slide.

Once you add this trigger, this will activate the option in the Publish dialog window, as stated in the article you linked. You can then Publish with this option and move forward in the steps.

Here's an edited version of your file for reference. I hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.