Storyline block in Rise

Jul 05, 2023

Hello,

I am having two issues with a Storyline block I am trying to import to Rise. 

First, I can't seem to remove the play button, even though my audio is not on the first tab. 

Second, I have text overflow in one of the tabs and, for some reason, the scroll bar that used to be there disappeared. I am not much experienced in Storyline, so it it probably something I did.

I attached the file. 

7 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Nada!

Thanks so much for reaching out! Great to hear you're incorporating a Storyline block into your Rise 360 course! Happy to help!

I have a few questions in order to better understand your first question: 

• Are you referring to the player controls within Storyline 360? Here's how you can modify them.
  • Have you tested the published version of this course or are you currently previewing only? 

I tried replicating the behavior you mentioned in a sample Rise 360 file where I inserted your .story file as a Storyline Block. I'm unable to replicate the scroll bar and text overflow. Could you please share what browser/device you are currently viewing this on? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nada Alshehabi

Hi Luciana,

Thanks for responding! 

When I add the Storyline block I can't remove the play button, in both Edit and Preview. I read in other threads that this happens when the first tab in the Storyline block has audio files, so the block automatically has a play button. My audio files are not in the first tab - they are under the "Tone" tab. I attached a screenshot of what my Storyline block looks like when I add it to Rise. 

I also tried adding a scroll bar in Storyline for the "Intention" tab, by following these instructions: Format shape>Fixed Size>Add scroll bars. For some reason, I can't add a scroll bar. 

I am currently viewing this on a laptop and in Chrome. 

Thanks so much for your help!