Storyline for Mac

Oct 25, 2023

Hello! I've been a Storyline user since v1 and was a beta tester for it way back in the day. I've been steadfast with using this tool and appreciate all of the progress that's been made with this tool throughout the years. Recently I switched jobs and the company I work for is Mac based. They refuse to give me a virtual machine/parallels so, for the first time in almost 12 years, I'm being forced to use Captivate because Articulate hasn't adapted Storyline to work on Mac. Today, I attended the AI Symposium hosted by Articulate. After hearing the presentation by the new CTO, Kerry, regarding the beta of 64 bit Storyline, I pulled Kerry aside after her fantastic presentation. I asked if the new 64 bit Storyline will be available for Mac and she indicated that it's probably not in the cards. During the AI Symposium, half of the attendees were on Macs and even the Articulate presenters were on Macs. And yet everyone in that room on MacOS had to adapt their way of working to accommodate for Articulate's neglect to offer a Mac version of Storyline. Even if developers do use a virtual machine with Mac, the speed of using Storyline decreases significantly. It seems that Articulate is ignoring a large creator audience and I'm super sad for this. Hopefully Articulate changes its mind and decides to embrace a Mac version of Storyline because there seems to be an appetite for it.

Be the first to reply