Jun 18, 2013
Here's what I've done, I've closed all programs, my processor is running at 2%, so there is a ton of memory. My IT department has not been able to fix this, because they think it's a Storyline Issue. Any thoughts? Thanks for any and all help!
Are you working off of a network drive, by any chance?
Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.
Also, can you tell me what version of Storyline you're using, please? To find this information, click on "Help" and "About Articulate Storyline".
If you're not running version 3 (1305.2012), please download and install the update using the link below:
Articulate - Storyline Update 3
I am working off of my C:drive. When the issues began, I started working off of an external. Now, I'm back to C:drive. I continue to have issues, although they are different. Now, even after restarting several times, navigation within the story file is incredibly slow.
I am only running update 2...I'll install update 3 and see if that helps me issues. Thank you!
Sounds good, Nathan!
Let me know how it goes with the update :)
I am getting this same error code and I'm in update 10.... After several tries to save I started getting a new message saying, "File cannot save, Object reference not saved to a reference."
Thanks for reaching out here and I'm sorry to hear about the error message you're receiving! Although it was something we fixed in Update 4, as per this documentation you could still look at the temp files and see if that is what is tripping you up. The temp files may also house a working copy of your project, so before you delete them all, I'd look through to see if there is one there to save:
Also, did you check that you're saving locally and adhering to the guidelines here. Is it just this one file that isn't saving? If so, you could try importing what you already have into a new project as detailed here. If you're seeing the issue across all your project files you'll also want to look at conducting the repair of Storyline.
For the record, this issue has not been fixed. I'm running the latest version of Storyline 3 and I've encountered this same saving issue during every update. It still is not working. Very frustrating! Sometimes it will just crash and I'll lose all my work. I had to turn the auto-save feature off as this increased the likelihood of this issue occurring even more. Repeatedly cleaning out my temp folder does not work either. I'm working on a VMware machine with more than enough memory. Please resolve this issue already. It's been over 6 years that people having been encountering this issue.
I'm sorry you're still having trouble with this! Our team has been implementing performance improvements throughout Storyline 3 and Storyline 360, so this should be a much better experience than it was years ago!
With that being said, if you're still hitting a snag I'd want our Support Team to dig deeper with you! I went ahead and opened up a case for you, and someone will be in touch with next steps. Thanks for reaching out here, and we're at the ready to help!
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.