Tab States Showing up Together

Sep 13, 2023

Hello,

I have tabs in three states (Normal, Hover, and Selected). The Normal state has text on the tab and the Selected state has an icon. They work fine in edit mode but in preview, the Selected state shows both the text and icon on the tab.

What am I doing wrong? I'm desperate as the project is close to the deadline.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies
Sandeep Gadam

Hello Eric, The buttons function as they should. Since buttons may display the hover status when the mouse is hovered over them, even when the button is selected, it also does the same when the mouse is over the button. When you move the mouse away from the button, only the selected state is visible.

In order to overcome this issue, I suggest moving the objects within the selected state to individual layers. Please review the attached.

Nedim Ramic

Eric,

In your scenario, I strongly recommend Sandeep's solution above. Anyway, another workaround for some of your future projects that involve these three states, is that you cut all objects in the Selected state and paste them back while you are still in the Selected state (make sure you delete text that may appear in the Normal state). It is similar to as you would have a trigger to say 'Override hover state if the state of object is Selected'. See my example below.