templates

May 16, 2012

I am LOVING Storyline. However,  I am having problems with making changes to a template.  For example, I am using the template with 5 tabs across the top and I need to add a tab.  I copied one of the tabs and pasted it in, and did the layer and trigger to go with it.  I moved the other tabs down to make room for the new one.  It looks great.  When I preview it everything works well, except the new tab.  Has anyone had this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions???

2 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Lynda - can you say a little more about what's not working? What  kind of behavior are you getting?

I just did a quick test and it seemed to work as expected... I created a 6th layer, then copied/pasted the fifth tab and changed its title, and adjusted the trigger so that it reveals layer 6. The other thing you'll want to do is, if you have some introductory content on your base layer, turn the visibility of those items OFF in your new (6th layer) so that stuff doesn't appear to be overlapping. If you haven't done that yet, here's how to do it:

1. On your new layer, go to the Timeline.
  2. Click the triangle next to where it says "Base Layer Objects." This way you'll be able to see the list of all objects on the base layer.
  3. Click the eye icon next to any base-layer object that you don't  want to appear on your new layer.

I hope that helps! If not, maybe you can reply here & attach the slide you're having trouble with, so we can take a look?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.