Text Alignment / Direction

Jan 27, 2014

I recently purchased a new laptop and reinstalled Storyline.  I'm reviewing one of my courses and the text &/or text boxes have changed size or the alignment has changed.

Can someone please tell me why it has defaulted to another size?  I've read about the 3 options under Autofit for Text Boxes and I assume different scenarios warrant a different setting.  

I plan to collaborate with someone who has a different license installed on their computer and want to know if there will be any challenges in regards to formatting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Kevin,

If you're working from a new machine, are you sure it's actually the formatting in the project itself? If the text formatting seems a bit off, it may be a DPI issue. 

Try the suggestions here, if you haven't already:

Articulate Support - Articulate Storyline DPI support

If that doesn't help, please make sure you're opening and working with local project files:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Moving to a new installation shouldn't change the formatting, so if you're still having trouble, please let me know.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.