6 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Whitney!

It sounds like you were looking for a way to convert audio back to text. I'd be happy to help with that!

Currently, that type of functionality is not available in Storyline. However, our development team is tracking an open feature request to give authors the ability. I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it to our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a speech-to-text transcribing tool from Google that you may find useful.

Hope this helps!

Whitney Allemand

Not really what I was asking.

I am trying to find the text used to create the text-to-speech, so that I may edit the content and recreate the speech.
Typically, in Captivate (bad word), the text to speech text content is kept in the slide notes.

I have searched throughout and cannot find the text other than to listen to what was said, rewrite the content then recreate the speech.

Does this clear up my ask?

Whitney Allemand​​​​
Technical Writer/Trainer

[cid:image001.png@01DA29E3.7D8145F0]
904-945-9067
[cid:image002.png@01DA29E3.7D8145F0]
wallemand@stellar-energy.net

[cid:image003.png@01DA29E3.7D8145F0]

www.stellar-energy.net
Expect More.

Kelly Auner

Hi Whitney,

Thanks for the additional details. I'm happy to jump in here!

It sounds like you're trying to locate the text used to create the text-to-speech. You can certainly make changes to the script when needed. Here's how:

1. Right-click your text-to-speech audio track on the slide’s timeline and choose Text-to-Speech from the context menu that appears. Or, select your text-to-speech audio track, go to the Options tab on the ribbon, and click Text-to-Speech.
  2. The Insert Text-to-Speech window opens with your original script. Edit the script as needed or choose a different voice—or both.
  3. Click Update

I hope this helps! If I've misunderstood or you have additional questions, please let us know here or in a support case!

Whitney Allemand