Text to Speech Software

Jun 04, 2015

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using text-to-speech software and which software they've found to be the best sounding and most compatible with Storyline?
I've been trying out a few and tried Natural Speech but I can't convert it into a compatible format without purchasing it. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Laura

10 Replies
Danny Stefanic

Hi Laura,

Most people aren't aware of this yet, but text to speech (TTS) can be done directly in many browsers and platforms these days, which eliminates the need to pre-generate audio files.

Take a look at ResponsiveVoice site and you can hear the voices in action, all in real-time. There's also a Storyline 2 Add-on we've made if you are interested there is a free trial of that too.

If you have any questions about Text to Speech in general I am happy to share what I know about this and any other traditional online service you are considering.

Kind regards,

Danny

James Reynolds

In one of the responses I read that there was an Add-on created for Storyline to be able to use text-to-speech. If not, what do you suggest for searching for a reasonable and decent text-to-speech program.

Below is the comment that sparked my question:
[cid:image002.png@01D236A5.785ED3F0]
Thank you!

James Reynolds
Learning Consultant | Risk Adjustment

Click here to Visit Us: Go/MRAedu

500 W Main St, NCT 23| Louisville, KY, 40202
T 502.476.2906
F 502.385.2018
jreynolds16@humana.com

Humana.com
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: 4 green apple]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,
please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

Leslie McKerchie

Ah, I see what you mean now James - looks like Danny shared that above with a link. All of this would be 3rd party and outside of my realm of support. I know that response was a bit dated and I'm not sure if he is still subscribed to the thread here, but you are welcome to utilize the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if needed.

Please note that replying to the forums via e-mail attaches your signature. You are welcome to pop in and edit if needed.

Danny Stefanic

Thanks Leslie!

Hi James,

Most people aren't aware of this yet, but text to speech (TTS) can be done directly in many browsers and platforms these days, which eliminates the need to pre-generate audio files.

Take a look at ResponsiveVoice https://responsivevoice.com site and you can hear the voices in action, all in real-time. There's also a Storyline 2 Add-on we've made if you are interested there is a free trial of that there too.

If you have any questions about Text to Speech in general I am happy to share what I know.

Kind regards,

Danny

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.