The ungroup shortcut keys no longer work in Storyline 360

Since updating to the newest version of Storyline 360 on Oct 30th, for some reason Ctrl+Shift+G no longer ungroups for me.  I tend to create and uncreate a lot of groups when designing and moving things around, so this shortcut is a huge time saver.   I can still right click and ungroup, but the shortcut keys are faster for me.  Anybody else having this problem? 

20 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details about what you are experiencing when working on your project.

I just tested this functionality, learned a new shortcut too, and it seems to be working for me.

I'm in Storyline 360 in Windows 10.

I'd recommend a repair of your software to get you back to good :)

Jamie Wenzel

Hi Leslie,

I have attached a simple .story file where I can't ungroup the two shapes using Ctrl+Shift+G.  I can still group using Ctrl+G though.  Again, this problem didn't happen until I upgraded to: v3.21.17083.0.  I am running a windows 10 64bit operating system on 5 month old Dell laptop that has an Intel i7 core 2.90GHZ with 16GB of Ram. 

Please let me know if you need anything else to troubleshoot the issue.  I would prefer not to revert back to the old version of 360 because I need the conditional seekbar that was just released.  

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Wenzel

Thanks for letting me know Ronnie!  I thought I was the only one experiencing the frustration of this, and I didn't realize it wasn't working in other programs as well.  I tried Illustrator, and experienced the same problem.   I wonder what could be causing this issue in programs from two different vendors.  I will update this post if I find the cause of the problem or a solution.  

Jamie Wenzel

I updated to the most recent version of Articulate 360, and the problem vanished for me, both in Articulate and Adobe In-design.  I did do a full uninstall and reinstall.   I never was able to update my Windows because my IT department wasn't ready to deploy that version yet.  Maybe it was a coincidence that I updated Articulate, but I am just happy it is now fixed.