Timeline

Mar 24, 2014

are there known issues with using Timeline starts and Time line end events, especially when it comes to different browsers. 

Typically I use fire fox, and here is what I did

1.  Started an Animated GIF that runs for 5 seconds

2. at 3 seconds I make a image appear as if it appears in the middle of the animated gif.

3. at the end of the animate gif, I set up a text bubble to appear as if the image was speaking so I set the object to be hidden until animated gif time lines end, then it should go to normal.

This did not work i in firefox, and had issues in IE too, I did eventually solve the problem by adding another layer, and triggering the layer to appear, but I don't think that really is the way to go.  The chain events above works in preview mode. but not when I publish it to my test LMS. without the layering it does not work.

any insights to how I should trigger events, is it an order thing, or perhaps where the picture is on the page. 

Harry

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Harry,

I'd want to take a look at your file and test it to confirm, but I do see an issue reported to our QA team regarding how updates 5 handled changing the state of an image based on when timeline starts. If you're setting these to appear at particular points in the timeline, are you not using state changes? As if they only appear on the timeline starting at 3 seconds, your user won't see them until that point in the timeline although you'll see them on the slide while you're editing it. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.