Timeline is ignored when states change??
I have 2 text boxes in the attached project.
- "On for the first 3 seconds" is on the timeline from 0-3s
- "On for the second three seconds" is on the timeline from 3-6s
The project will auto-advance to 2nd slide if I reach the end of slide 1 (7 seconds), and I can go back to slide 1 with the Back to slide 1 button.
Everything works as it should if the text boxes initial state is normal. However, I only want to see those boxes when the variable is true. I:
- Set the initial states of all text boxes to hidden.
- Setup a trigger that turned the states to normal when the variable goes true.
- Setup a trigger that turned the states to normal if the timeline starts and the variable is already true.
Now I expect that I can preview the project and will not see the text if I do nothing. That works as expected.
I also expect that if I press the On button in the first three seconds, the "On for the first 3 seconds" will turn on when I press the button and turn off when 3 seconds is reached, then "On for the second three seconds" will turn on until the 6 seconds and turn off.
When I press the "On" Button 1s after the preview starts, both text boxes appear, even though ""On for the second three seconds" isn't supposed to start until 3 seconds.
Why is the timeline being ignored?