27 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your feedback about pricing and what features you'd like to see. New features such as the Dial widget are something you're likely to see as a part of the next perpetual version of Storyline which is slated for release sometime in 2017. We'll keep you posted here in the ELH community forums with any other updates about that. 

Mike Tulloch
Matthew Bibby

I'm looking forward to Articulate's ability to roll out new features on a much more regular basis. 

I think that this will be one of the best parts of Storyline 360 for me... having new features or workflow improvements being added to the software on a regular basis will be great!

It is a much better model than the old one where we had to wait for new major versions to get new goodies. I look forward to seeing what else Articulate is going to add into Storyline in the near future.

The other things that I am really pleased about are the improved HTML5 output and the fact that the HTML5 output is now accessible. Thank you Articulate.  

Your future will not be that rosy. Look at InDesign CC for how paid subscription models will go. All the hope and shine about "new features regularly" collapses into "milk the customer". Always. Without the pressure of having to sell new licenses, what do software companies end up offering? Nothing, bro. They already have your money. 

Matthew Bibby

I dunno Mike. The future seems pretty rosy from where I'm standing.

I've been an Articulate 360 subscriber from day one and like promised, Articulate has delivered a steady stream of new features during that time. 

And while there may not be so much pressure to sell new licenses, Articulate have to keep delivering value or they'll have trouble getting people to keep their subscriptions active.

It's not all good news though. There was one feature that was promised which isn't going to happen (i.e. a Mac version of Storyline) and while that is disappointing, I can understand why Articulate have made the decision to focus elsewhere.

Anyway, after my first year using A360, I'm happy to resubscribe for another 12 months.