12 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Susan.

I would suggest that rather than forcing an exit after two failed attempts, display a message (using a layer) that cannot be dismissed, informing the user they must exit the module as they have failed it twice.

In order to do this, you would need a variable to track assessment attempts, for example "assessmentAttempt". Increment this variable value each time a new attempt is made.

You then need a trigger fires when the variable "assessmentAttempt" changes and equals two. When these conditions are met, show the layer with the message letting the user know they can no longer access the content.

Tom Kuhlmann

If you're just getting started, we do recommend that you check out some of our training videos here.

I created a quick tutorial to show what you need to do based on your question. As Sam notes, you could use variables (which gives you more control), but in my demo, I locked the course at two attempts and then push them to the exit course layer.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/244fbacd-450f-49b1-bd34-596f9b7daede/review

Susan Venegas

Hello Tom,

Thank you so much for assisting me with your suggestions the layer did help, but my administrators want the users to take the quiz once and, if they fail, restart the entire course if they fail again to exit the course.

Can you assist me with this? I put a trigger, but it exits after the first final results not on the second attempt.

Thank you,

Susan