Trigger not working

Jul 24, 2018

Hello everyone

The course I am currently building has many moving parts with many future programming issues, but this is the first that I am unable to solve.  This is what is supposed to happen....

When the black button is pressed, the display becomes active.  Buttons 3 and 4 can make adjustments.  When the adjustment is set, pressing the black button again will save it and the display goes off.  I can also press the black button again to make additional changes.  

Currently, as long as I dont make any changes with buttons 3 or 4, I can turn it on and off as much as I want.  When I make a change, I can turn it off, but cannot turn it back on.  As you can imagine, there are several variables involved.  I appreciate any help.  I have attached the .story file.

7 Replies
Michael Hinze

I don't claim to understand the logic  behind all of this, but it seemed to me that one trigger on the black button was wrong (the one that adds 1 to button_3) and I replaced the two triggers to change the T/F variable with a simpler toggle (NOT Assignment) trigger. From here  I think you need a second set of variables that store the display variable values when the black button is turned off and set the display variables with the stored values when the black button is turned on again. Or, maybe you could show/hide the display variable depending on the state of the T/F variable.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.