triggers

Sep 18, 2015

Why can't I figure out how to get the tiggers to work.  I have watched the video a 100 times.  I know its something so simple...:( someone please help me

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tricia,

I'd agree with Jackson, we'll want to know more about which triggers and how you're setting them up to see what assistance we can offer. You may also want to review the information on how triggers are executed and the order in which they'll work.  

If you're ready to share your file, you'll want to use the "add attachment" button here to include it for us to take a look at. 

tricia Campbell

HI.

this is just a test webinar I'm working on to show our IT department on all the awesome features  articulate can do.   I want to show on the why jane Iredale slide how you can click on each of the bottoms and it will take you to a different slide.  One each slide I would like to try to play a short video..  if someone could help me, i'll be forever grateful.  I really need to get something to our IT department as soon as possible

Jackson Hamner

Hi Tricia,

I'm a little confused about what you're looking for help with. I downloaded your .story file and each of the triggers to jump to slides worked for me, as well as the intro video in the beginning. I don't see videos on each of the branching slides, but it should work the same way your introduction video is set up.

Walt Hamilton

Tricia,

I like the look of your presentation, and the navigation design is good.

I think the problem may be that you must click exactly on the text to get it to jump. I recommend making the entire rectangle clickable, unless you have a VERY compelling reason to use only the text.

Instead of highlighting the text and making it a hyperlink, select the rectangle,

then click on the  trigger wizard icon.

Build your trigger like you did, but now, the user can click anywhere on the rectangle and the trigger will work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.