User Clicks trigger in text and numeric entry not working in newest version of SL 360

Feb 27, 2020

A developer updated to 3.37xxx and was having issues with numeric entry and text entry objects. If you click outside of these objects, a try again layer should display. However, when we clicked inside of the objects, the try again layer displays.

I took his SL file and tried it on my pc (I had version 3.33xxx) and mine behaved as it was programmed to do. Stupidly, I updated SL 360 to 3.37xxx and now I experience the same issue. We tried to remove the objects from the list of object in the trigger but the delete will not remove the objects. We tried to remove the trigger but it would not. All we could do is disable the trigger.

One more thing, if I want to set a key pressed on the numpad numbers (for numeric entry), I can define all except 4 and 5. It used to work before 3.33 or above.

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Jay!

I'm happy to help! I've tried to recreate what you've mentioned in this discussion, so I've created a text entry quiz question in Storyline 360, update 33—and then upgraded Storyline 360 to update 37 to reopen the project. I didn't see the same outcome that you've explained in your discussion so I'm eager to see where the culprit is! I've explained my testing in this short video and attached the file.

If you are comfortable sharing your file with me, please use this link to do so! I'll be sure to report back with my findings.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.