Using video with transparent background
Alright, so i've shot my green screen footage and can successfully key out the color. I have been able to export the video via several formats and place into Storyline, but i'm running into issues that I can't find resolutions to. The FLV audio/video is out of sync, or the SWF flash file is to large. See below for more details.
Is anyone else successfully using transparent video in their tutorials? Do you have any tips? This is taking the look and feel of the tutorial to new heights, but this issues are making life difficult. : )
- Everytime I export the video to the FLV format, the audio is not in sync any longer. I've done a bunch of digging on google and it seems this is an issue with this file type. I have not found any resolution through research, or trial and error with changing available settings in Premiere Pro.
- Exporting to flash has resulted in the best output, however even this seems to have some lag between the audio and video when I publish my .story file.
- The biggest issue I have is that the file size is gigantic and my PHP server is shared so they have a cap placed on the file size it can unpackage. I can upload the larger zip file via FTP to moodle, but the PHP freezes up when I try to unpackage it onto the LMS.
- Even reducing all the export settings to the lowest quality audio and video still results in a 38mb file size for the single video (then add the rest of the course content in and the zip becomes larger)
- I've keyed out the green in Aftereffect / Premeire, but when I publish the video with the correct settings I've researched on google, the video is only semi transparent. There is a halo effect around the presenter. This seems related to the keying, as when you initially use this tool, it doesn't remove all of the color. I need to use some of the setting in the Key tool to "expand" the color selection, then remove the glow around the presenter. The expanded selection is what is not being removed in the end export.