Variables and State Changes - for Locked Menu Slides
My client wants a menu locked down to force the learner to view each slide. I am using a Menu slide of "shapes" - The Step (Shape) should change color after the corresponding slides have been viewed. The learner cannot advance to the next step (shape) until the previous step/shape has a State change. It doesn't change for me. Here is my set up:
1. Variable Assigned to last slide for each step (default to False)
2. Variable changes to True when timeline starts on this last slide (this will document the learner visited that slide).
Menu: Set States and Triggers
1. When a step (1 for example) has been fully viewed, the corresponding State/Shape on the menu should change color.
2. The learner can then advance to the next step if the previous step/shape has the new State.
3. I created a "trigger" on the Menu page to Change the State of that shape when the Variable changes on the slide (in my case to true).
4. The new State/Color Change does not change. It locks the learner.
Did I make this too complicated?