Videos do not download in Storyline 360

May 22, 2018

Case #01369953

I have contacted support with this issue.  None of my courses will download with my  MP4 files or an tiny AVI file.  I need this escalated.  I have read all these articles.  I am using a trial version of Storyline 360.  v 3.15.155810

The videos work in CAPTIVATE 2017 and STORYLINE 2. 

The support person said that I have to view this in SCORM. I should be able to view this without using SCORM so I can make changes.

Should I uninstall 360 and reinstall it?  I do this for a living and I'm losing money.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Norma,

I'm sorry you've had such troubles using the trial, and that these videos aren't working as you'd expect. I appreciate you sharing your case number with me, and I also see that you called in and left a message recently as well. The case has been escalated to our Senior Support Engineers who will be in touch with you soon. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Norma,

Just wanted to loop back to this, I talked with Victor earlier and he let me know you were able to resolve this issue by ensuring that your Storyline files were published to a shorter file directory on your computer (e.g. My Articulate Project, Desktop) to fit within the 260-character limit imposed by Microsoft Windows. 
Let us know if you need anything else!

Norma Kaplan

I was going to reply to your first message when Victor called.  He WAS WONDERFUL. Victor has such patience and respect for the customer. I appreciated the contact and that were able to share my screen so he could diagnose my issue.  I know that is not the norm - but as you can see my issue was unique. 

I did appreciate Anna's help initially, but there was no way she (or anyone else) would have known that was the issue.

I just can't believe that the issue was a shorter file directory.  First I've ever heard of this!!!!  I'm letting one of my colleagues know. 

I appreciate the support that Articulate has given me!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.