360 degree camera

Oct 19, 2017

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good 360 degree camera that is not very expensive. I am looking at creating courses with hotspots etc and embedding / linking it into my elearning courses.

5 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hey Beth!

Thanks for leaving your question here in the community. Can you provide a bit more information about exactly what kind of video interaction you want to create? Any example or something you can point to? Just trying to get a better understanding of exactly what youre trying to do so we can point you in the right direction. 

Also, you might find some interesting insights in this past forum discussion: Embedding 360 Videos from YouTube in Storyline 2 

Dave Goodman

Beth - the average appropriate cameras will cost in the $350-650 range. You can look at Ricoh, Canon and many others with full reviews online. You can also do the same 360 video using a normal SLR camera. When you take your photos, just add about a 25% overlap when you do a photoshoot - 25% for each photo going up, down, left and right. There is software that will stitch these together. People say 360 degree video and that might include spherical 360 plus the non-spherical. Really define what you want to do and why the 360 is important - you might be able to do everything that you need outside of the 360 world. You also need to understand how to embed the video, working with web objects, the browser issues, how you are going to serve the video, etc. It might not always be a clean and easy approach for what you want to achieve.

Beth Downing

Hi Nicole,

We are looking at filming in 360 then developing the video that the user can navigate through the room or building. When they click on a particular hot stop an additional window will appear with either text or video etc.

I think I've found the camera but now trying to find the right software. Would you be able to help with this?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.