About to buy a Kodak Zi8... help?!
May 19, 2011
I am about to purchase a Kodak Zi8 to record videos for my e-learning modules. I have sent my manager all the information in the forums and associated websites about the Kodak Zi8 and it's looking to be our best option. She did have a few other questions that we would like answered before purchasing the device - can someone out there please help us out in answering the following:
- Will the camera be able to do wide and action shots (like a vignette or training example) vs. just someone's face or a conversation between two people?
- Will the tripod enable it to move/pan fluidly?
- Does any tripod work with the camera? (We have a multip purpose one currently in the office and would like to avoid purchasing an additional one, if possible)
- Can anyone speak to the compatibility between the camera and an external microphone? We currently are using the Blue Snowball microphone and would like to know (and if possible, see an example) of how these would work together. Is the sound good?
- Can anyone speak to the functionality of the video editing software that comes with the video camera?
- We're also looking to purchase the "Kit" from Kodak (includes tripod, case, remote, battery and memory card for $80). Does anyone have any advice about this?
Thanks in advance for responding to my questions and any additional advice you can provide!