Accessibility (in general) & accessibility updates in 2020?

Dec 15, 2020

Hello there, 

I was wondering if someone would be able to offer a webinar overview that demonstrates all the new accessibility features. 

If the presenter could also provide experiential insight regarding working with clients that request accessible courses (i.e. what challenges have you faced, what assumptions did you have to manage, what was different than what you expected), it would be appreciated.

Inclusion is near and dear to my heart, but I am underprepared to live that value in the realm of instructional design. 

Thank you! 

L

5 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hi Luciana! I just wanted to chime in and share this resource on how to design an accessible course. In case you haven't seen it, it's a good place to start. It also includes some super useful links for more detailed info. I hope that helps! I know there are quite a few members in the community who have a lot of experience with creating accessible e-learning. Perhaps they can share more about that.   

Luciana Tiberio

Thank you Sarah. I have seen this link and took another look. Now that I've tried my hand at a few more things in Storyline (I'm new), it's making more sense.

I still wish there was something, like a tips and tricks, for considering accessibility in your design (pre-development). For example lessons learned, how the use of accordions/tabs/etc. might impact screen readers in storyline, why tables might be better to use than _______, etc. 

Sarah Hodge

Hey Luciana! Those are some great suggestions I'll definitely pass onto my team. You just reminded me of this All About Accessibility Series. It includes tips, what you need to know, a checklist, and other helpful info when designing accessible courses. Hopefully, that will give some more insight. It also looks like Sally's offered to help as well which is super awesome.