Does anyone know of a good hangman game I could use in my course?

I am looking for a hangman-style activity to include in one of my courses. I like the Word Quiz Learning Game you can insert in Presenter, since it's a lot like Hangman, except I need something that I can incorporate better with the visual design of my course. I saw this crossword puzzle web object idea, and so I started looking for an online source where I could create a Hangman web object. But I can't seem to find any decent sites that would allow me to design my own game and get the embed code. Anyone know of any?

7 Replies
Bruce Graham

This is a crossword I made from Word table cells.

It was to illustrate a font, so I've never tried it "under fire".

Depending on how complicated your hangman was, you could create a similar thing, multiple versions where the clues got "filled in" each time?

elearninginteractions.com have a good selection of games, (see 2nd image), but not hangman.

Bruce

Easy Yeah! Lo difícil, fácil

Hi, Saenna:

We have developed a hangman activity that you can insert in any Storyline course: http://easyyeah.com/lab/hangman/story.html 

You can find the instruction and the source file to customize it in https://easyyeah.com/lab/juego-del-ahorcado-en-articulate-storyline/ (in spanish).

Enrique Peña

Hola, buen día.

Soy nuevo, muy nuevo en el uso de Storyline. Descargué el proyecto del ahorcado en el link que compartiste, y lo he estado revisando. En general me pareció sencillo y elegante. He comprendido en términos generales lo que hacen los javaScript que se ejecutan al inicio, sé, porque en el link lo explican, que las preguntas se personalizan a través de un archivo JSON, pero no he podido ubicar ése archivo en el documento de muestra, me siento muy perdido y es necesario que complete una personalización de éste juego antes de terminar mi día. Por favor, cualquier orientación será muy bienvenida.

Una actualilzación. Logré encontrar el lugar donde puedo personalizar las preguntas, lo modifiqué en el archivo base y lo probé. Funcionó bien.

Quise copiar la diapositiva directamente a mi proyecto, para minimizar cambios, pero en mi proyecto no se cargan %currentClue% ni %hiddenWord%. No tengo idea de qué hacer.

Gracias.