Generating a certificate without having an LMS

Oct 27, 2022

Good  morning, 

My organization does not have an LMS, however we are looking to create courses using Rise360 and Storyline, and be able to generate a certificate. The idea is to have the courses hosted on your website. 

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer some suggestions of what I can do to have a certificate generated once the quiz is completed. 

Thank you in advance. 

7 Replies
Bianca Woods

Hi Inita and welcome to the community!

If all you need is a certificate document that people can save to their computer or print when they complete a course, there are two easy ways to do that in Storyline 360.

• On the Results slide for your course quiz, just add a Print button and then design the slide to look like a certificate.
  • You can also now add a Print Slide trigger to any slide in your course. So simply design your final slide to look like a certificate, add a button with the Print Slide trigger, and your learners will be able to print that slide as proof of course completion. And if you want the certificate to add their name, this short tutorial can show you a quick way to do that.

In Rise 360, though, there's not an automatic way to print course results or a certificate. A good alternative option is to build the printable certificate in Storyline 360 and then embed it in your Rise 360 course using the Storyline block.

Related to your question, you mentioned hosting your courses on our site. Unfortunately, we don't currently offer permanent course hosting for content created in Rise 360 or Storyline 360.  If you don't have an LMS, you can always use the Publish for Web Distribution option to get your course ready to host on a website. This article has the details for publishing for the web and how to host your content on websites.

And if you're looking for other hosting options, you may also want to check out one of our other products: Rise. It's an all-in-one solution for building, hosting, and tracking training content.

Inita Knox

Bianca, 

This information is very help, thank you so much. I am new to using the Rise 360 and Storyline 360 platforms, so this makes sense. I wanted to know if you have an example of how the Print Slide Trigger looks and how I can design the last slide to look like a certificate. 

Any information you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. 

Inita

Inita Knox

Bianca, 

You are amazing. This was exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind showing me how to add the name at the beginning of the course and inserting the reference like you did in this video. I am a visual learner and this made so much more sense through your short tutorial.