Mac or PC

Dec 19, 2014

Hey everyone,

I am new to e-learning, and was wondering what laptops you all recommend. I currently have a macbook, and I am wondering if I should run bootcamp to do my work from there (much more cost effective), or if I should invest in a PC. And if so, which one?

6 Replies
Ashley Chiasson

Kayla - I'm a mac user and for the first while, I was using Bootcamp, but found it extremely irritating. I know a lot of people love it, but I found it frustrating to have to batch my mac work and my PC work together and switch between the two. 

After much humming and hawing, I decided to get Parallels, a software program that allows you to run Windows programs alongside Mac programs, without having to dual-boot. My life has been forever changed, and I cannot recommend Parallels enough. It's super easy to setup, and very fairly priced (79 dollars I believe).

Angela Treosti

Thanks for the great information! My company is switching me from a PC to a Mac for instructional design projects, etc. I had this exact same question/dilemma. We have decided to run Parallells on the new Mac. I haven't gotten the new set up yet, but I'm optimistic it will go well. This community is a great resource!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.