Making a training for 4 types of users.

Nov 11, 2015

Hello, I am trying to make a training module to limit access to people that are not on the same caliber (Full-time, Part-Time, Intern, Contractor). I want the FULL-TIME person to have more access then the PART-TIME, FULL-TIME/PART TIME to have more access than INTERN, and all of them to have more access than CONTRACTOR

4 Replies
Cary Glenn

One issue I could see is how do you prevent people from viewing the slides that you don't want them to see? You could use a password (and an associated variable) but that seems like a logistical nightmare.

I would create 4 courses. Create the longest one first, make copies of it and rename the copies and delete any slides they don't need and then give each group access to the course they need through your LMS.

Bob S

A related suggestion might be to start by looking at what's "common" between the roles/learning needs. In doing this analysis, we often find that the major portion of content is relevant for all roles and only certain pieces are exclusive. In such cases we sometimes build a shared core course/module entitled "basics" or "foundations" or the like, then have a tack-on courses/modules that are role-specific.

To Cary's point above, you can then control access.... but without having to build (and maintain for every little change) separate courses.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.