Philosophy 110

Oct 11, 2017

I created an eLearning module for a professor at the College that I work at. I am looking for peoples opinions on how it could be improved? Thank you!

Matthew Adams

1 Reply
Dave Goodman

Here are some initial comments:

1. think of Gagne's first principle - capturing the learner's attention. Your course has good content but may be too text heavy. Can your course be a dialogue or debate between 2/3 people who are responding to a specific philosophical question. Let your content come through that dialogue with rebuttals. Open the course with a powerful statement that will drive the content. Show the 2/3 images of people in this debate in dialogue with each other and then having them ask a direct question to the learners.

2. there are 5 content screens and 12 q&a screens?? Give me only 2 tries and let me then continue rather than being trapped into a forced situation of answering.

3. is your menu structure working correctly?

4. is the course being used by the professor who provides the narration/color of the content or is this a supplemental training that is primarily an assessment/knowledge check taken by the students after a class?

5. use some of the questions as more than just a question with a response. After I select the Submit button show a pop-up of one of your dialogue participants asking a deeper question or initiating a response that will force the learner to think a little more before continuing.

Good luck.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.