Software Simulation

Apr 15, 2014

I am completely new to e-learning creation and I am looking for information on how to create e-learnings that simulate a software program.  Users will need to click on certain areas on the screen to fill in data, click 'buttons' to move to other screens in the software and other similar types of actions.

Am I over-thinking this?  Is it as simple as taking screenshots of the software and define areas on the screen for user interactions?

Can Storyline work for this or would Studio be a better choice?

Thanks!

Lauri S in SE WI

5 Replies
Tim Slade

Hi Lauri, 

Michael is correct - Storyline is good for this. You can also use a few other programs to accomplish this. I actually did a webinar a few weeks ago to compare various screen recording softwares. You can watch the recording here.  

I'm sure you'll still have plenty of questions. Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Tim

Faye Somerville

Hi Tim -

This link no longer works.  I too am looking for information on how to create e-learnings that simulate a software program.  Users will need to click on certain areas on the screen to fill in data, click 'buttons' to move to other screens in the software and other similar types of actions. Do I just need to record the steps in storyline and then options to remove curser, amend bubbles, etc or is there a better software to accomplish this?

Thanks -

Faye

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.