Storyline 360 Countdown Quiz Game - Animations

Dec 05, 2023

I have read how to customize the Storyline 360 article and my question may just be silly because I saw someone do it with a similar Rise challenge created lesson with a pirate ship, but how do you get it so it looks like the image (dots in Countdown Quiz Game) looks like it is moving?  The lesson I saw last week was a pirate ship sailing over little dots on the sea as you moved down the lesson and in this as you get to each level the circles darken like you went up the path. I downloaded the quiz template and ungrouped the dots and see a little motion animation for grow, but I guess I don't understand how the color darkens as I don't see a change of state.  Also, I'm not quite sure how I would apply this like with the pirate ship in the Rise challenges because I would like to do it with a truck. 

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to include more animated eye catching things like these examples to my lessons I am just unsure how to do it.

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Cassandra,

I'm happy to hear you liked my coundown quiz game :)

To make the dots look like they're moving, I just timed it so they come in one at a time. 

For the color change, I created separate layers for each level with darker stars on them and added triggers to show that layer when the player comes back to the menu slide once they've completed the level before it. But you're right, you could also achieve that using states.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Cassandra Opolsky

Thank you! I got caught up in looking at the objects I didn't look at the layers.  With the timing of the dots, if I wanted an object to go over them as it looked like they were moving would the best way to do that be creating a motion path for the object and time it to match when the final grow motion comes in on the timeline?