Storyline 360 hosting on Samsung S8 Tablet

Sep 30, 2022

I have created an interactive "game" using Storyline 360. We have purchased 10 Samsung Galaxy S8 Tablets. Can I host my project as a stand-alone on the tablet? If not, what is the best way to ensure that my users can access the game? 

I saw on several threads to publish the project to Review 360 and add a Storyline Block to Rise. However, that is proving to be glitchy. And I don't want the "course" template - i.e. title, lessons, etc. When I go to full screen, those elements are still there, which throws off the design. 

Also, I added tabs across the top, but when I publish to Rise, they become a drop-down. Is there any way to maintain the tabs?

4 Replies
Bianca Woods

Hi Gayla. The most straightforward option is probably to hide most of the course player features and controls in your project file and then publish it for the web.

Hide features and controls in the course player: Right now you're seeing things like your course title and lessons when you view your Storyline project. Thankfully, you can easily hide them. This article shows the quick way to hide those features. And if you want to hide EVERYTHING in the player all at once, there's an even faster way to do that in this article.

Publish for the web: Now that your course player is customized, you can publish your finished Storyline file for the web. Here are the instructions for doing that (note: for a straightforward project, you can make this easy and skip steps 2-4).

Host your project: For this step, you're going to need a web server so your project can be accessed online. The process is pretty simple and outlined in this article. And if you don't currently have a web server, the article mentions two free options. Once this is done, you'll have a URL for accessing your project online with a web browser.

With that done, people can now access this project on your tablets using a web browser app. But if you want to make it even more streamlined, there's one more thing you can do.

Make a shortcut to the project on your tablet home screen: You can actually bookmark websites in a way that makes them look like an app on your tablet home screen. So people will just need to click a single button to get to your project. This video shows how to do that on a Samsung device (there is a note in the video comments that you may need to rotate your tablet to access the menu shown in the video).

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Sarah Hodge

Hi Gayla! I'm glad Bianca was able to help. I just wanted to let you know that it looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You may want to pop in, click Edit, and remove any personal information you don't want to share with the community. Have a great weekend!