Wheel Animation in Storyline 360

Apr 09, 2018

Hi all,

I am using the wheel animation to mimic a percentage of a "pie".

When I need it at 93%, the wheel animation works great. But when I changed it to 33% (e.g. a little more than a quarter), it doesn't start at the top and go around, but starts halfway through the section and then fills in the top at the end.

Any idea why the wheel animation isn't working properly in this case? I tried comparing to the one that works, but can't find anything different.

Thanks in advance!

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christopher,

It looks like we have this reported to our team as a possible bug. In that report, we're seeing some inconsistency of how the wheel animates in, but it would be helpful to have a copy of your project file as our team continues testing this one. Can you share it with our Support Engineers here? 

Cortney Marcus

I'm also having the same issue still. I want to create an animation for a progress circle with the wheel animation starting at 12:00, but when the percentage of the circle drops below 75%, for some reason the wheel animation starts at 2:00 or so.

Any updates on when there will be a fix for this?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Cortney, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for sharing what you are experiencing.

The issue tied to this conversation is specific to the center of the image animation moving to a section of the circle vs. remaining as the circle center.

It sounds like you may be experiencing a different issue. I want to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it publicly here or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.