Forum Discussion

ShaunMartin
Community Member
6 years ago

A couple of ways to use progress meters

Hi all.

I wanted to share something I've been playing around with.

Here's a proof of concept I've been working on for two ways to use progress meters:
1. Progress meter doubling as a menu

2. Progress meter being used to deliver 'extra info'.

I don't have a way to share published output at the moment - so here's the .story file. The mechanics of the progress bar are in the slide masters. Also it doesn't play nice with IE as it uses wipe animatons.

Hope it's of use to someone.

NaweedNayib
    Community Member

Hi, Just one question. Why you used the slide master to put the progress meter content?

ShaunMartin
      Community Member

Hi Naweed,

I put the progress meter content on the slide master so that I only had to set up the graphics, animations and triggers once. Because I wanted the progress meter to be a bit dynamic (e.g., animating the progress the first time you move forward to a slide, but visually keep track of how far someone had progressed if they went back to a previous slide), I needed quite a few triggers - 33.

If I was doing a static progress bar (that didn't animate, didn't remember progress if going backward etc.) then I would probably just do it on the slides, rather than the master.

Hope this makes sense!

• This is such a great idea. You did an excellent job making the design clean and intuitive. Good work!

• Hi Shaun,

This is a lovely piece. I need more mastery over variables to be able to create something like this.

Regards

Malvika