Forum Discussion

NataliaMontoya
Community Member
6 years ago

Acrolinx plugin for Storyline 3

Hi,

We are planning to get ride of ppt in our course creation process, but one thing holds us up: we use Acrolinx to review our ppt courses.

I have spoke with Acrolinx about the intention to have a plugin for Articulate Storyline, but it seems they could not arrange it with Articulate.

Is there a way that we as customer can push this?

Thanks in advance 

• Hello Natalia and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and sharing. I'm not familiar with Acrolinx, but I've submitted a feature request on your behalf.

If you have any other software ideas/suggestions, you can share them directly with our team here.

SteveJohnson-8f
      Community Member

I'm very curious to know the status of this feature request for the Acrolinx plugin to be added to Storyline, and for that matter possibly Rise as well. It would beat having to try and figure out a workaround to scan Storyline courses for language inconsistencies.

SteveJohnson-8f
      Community Member

I'm very curious to know the status of this feature request for the Acrolinx plugin to be added to Storyline, and for that matter possibly Rise as well. It would beat having to try and figure out a workaround to scan Storyline courses for language inconsistencies.

• To make language checking easy, it would be helpful if Acrolinx could be used directly from Articulate SL 360.

Now we export the text for audio into MS Word and do the Acrolinx check there. However, the correction is then time-consuming because we have to maintain the text corrections manually in SL.

• You can use variables in Storyline.. fill those with either data from Google Sheets or some online database and thus do the Acrolinx checks on that end...thus when the Google Sheets or database text is correct... it will automagically change in Storyline.

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for checking in on this! There currently hasn't been any movement on this as we prioritize other feature requests. I'm going to include your voice in the request. We’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.