Forum Discussion

KandiceKidd-730
Community Member
3 years ago

Affordable Microphone

Hi,

I think I'm going to invest in a microphone. I've resisted it for some time because I don't like my voice and have an interesting accent (I'm from Chicago).  I'm pretty sure I will NOT be called upon as a voice-over artist, but I'd like to do some recording for my portfolio. Can you please recognize a decent, but not very expensive microphone?

Thank you,

Kandice

• Hi Kandice!

I'm sure you will get several responses soon. In the meantime, I've been using the Blue Yeti USB with a filter screen and it works great. It costs about $115 on Amazon (Silver). Not sure if that is in your range or not.

Richard

RyanSwigert
    Community Member

I second the Blue Yeti! Simple to use, and the quality is great. I've had mine for years, and it's never let me down.

• Hello Kandice. 

I hope you have done a deep research on it. Hopefully you have selected some microphones. You will get more suggestion soon. But according to my experience Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording and Streaming is best. It is available on Amazon and it price is $121 (Black). You may contact via phone number or chat. 

Now I don't know what's your budget.  If you have some low budget you can go with Karaoke Wireless Microphone. 

• I use a Blue Yeti, bought a cheaper one before, but the Blue Yeti is great

• I'd go with the Yeti, as well. It's a great mic at a decent price. Once you start to dip below $100 you can still get decent enough mics, but it can be hit or miss.