Forum Discussion

DarienStent
Community Member
4 years ago

Articulate block showing as "Untitled 1" in Rise

Hi everyone, 

I've just started using Rise and have been experimenting with inserting Storyline blocks. When I insert my Storyline blocks into Rise, 2 of them come up with the title as the file name I have given them, but all of the others just say "Untitled 1" as in the example screenshot I've attached. I can't seem to figure out why some of them are working and some of them are not. 

Has anyone else had this problem or figured out a solution to changing the title?

Thank you :) 

• Hi Darien!

You can remove the Storyline Block title so that only the play button will display. Here's how: 

• Open the Storyline 360 file, and click the Player button to open the Player Properties window.
    • Delete the title in the Title field in the Player Properties window and uncheck the title option.
    • Re-publish the content to Review 360.
    • Back in Rise 360, delete the Storyline block.
    • Add a new Storyline block, and insert the latest version of the Storyline content. 

Let me know if that makes a difference!

• Thanks very much, Crystal. The system would only let me save a blank title field by adding spaces, but this worked. I'm assuming there's no way to remove the icon? Thanks again.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Sorry, that's right. There's no way to remove that icon from the Storyline interface.

DarienStent
    Community Member

Hi Alyssa, 

I just tried editing the title in the player menu and it worked perfectly!

Thank you for your help :) 

• Hi. I'm having the same problem, but can't find a Title field in the Player Properties window. I'd appreciate any help.

• Hi Christine!

To customize your player, go to the Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Player. When the player properties appear, the Features button will already be selected on the ribbon.

If you can't see any of the options for features or the Features button is grayed-out, the Menus & Controls option on the ribbon is turned off, and all player features are automatically disabled.

To enable the Features button, switch the Menus & Controls option to On on the dropdown at the top under Player Style.

• Hi Renz. Thanks for getting in touch. I changed the player from Modern to Classic so that I could view features. Title was already switched off, though. I turned it on, gave it a different title, and then switched it off again. Then I changed back to the Modern player, but the title still appears when I upload to Rise. Shall I contact technical support?

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Christine. I had to try a few different ways, but here's what worked for me in the Storyline player properties:

• Modern player
      • Features On
      • All features unchecked and a blank title area

With that configuration, on mobile, the Storyline block had the play button and just the icon in the upper left with no text. I hope that works for you!

HollyHook
    Community Member

Hi all, 
    I'm having a similar issue as the one described here, but it's not the title in the player I'm having an issue with, it's the title that is displaying above  the play button.

Thank you for any assistance!

AngeloCruz
      Staff

Hello Holly! Have you tried the steps shared by Alyssa in her comment above?

If you have and you are still seeing an "Untitled" label, this could be the slide name of your Storyline project. I also got the same "Untitled" label above the play button, as shown here, after clearing the course title.

To remove it, I replaced the slide name with a few spaces and published the Storyline file again. Here's what it looked like after.

HollyHook
        Community Member

Great idea to place two spaces in title! I did clear it and then got a "null" since it was empty. I will try your suggestion. Thank you Angelo!

Holly Hook
        Information Services, Systems Educator II

FRANCISCAN ALLIANCE
        Inspiring Health