Forum Discussion

Borg_Cube
Community Member
5 hours ago

Articulate, let's talk pricing...

With the recent release of AI-powered features, a new pricing model is now available for Articulate 360:

Let’s take a look at what this actually includes:

• Storyline 360 with a few AI features: The industry-standard tool for e-learning designers. Some like to call it a "glorified PowerPoint," but it's undeniably powerful.
  • Rise 360: A simplified, web-based version that’s easy to use.
  • Stock Library: A collection of assets to enhance your projects.
  • Screen Recorder: While functional, it's a bit outdated and lacks some advanced features.
  • A few other smaller apps and a review tool to gather feedback.

To give you some context, here’s how the pricing for Adobe Creative Cloud stacks up. This includes all the apps (except the 3D Substance suite) with AI functionality integrated into their key products like Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and more.

Adobe’s offering is over $1,000 cheaper than Articulate’s new AI-feature pricing, per year! And that’s with access to a large suite of tools, many of them advanced and complex:

Now, I understand software development isn’t cheap, and Articulate has a strong foothold in the e-learning market, which is fairly niche. But personally, the pricing feels very steep.

What do you think?

Let’s keep this conversation civil and focused on the topic please.

• I think there is a good argument that to get these features individually it would cost more. Eleven labs and Grammarly in particular cost me $50 a month.