Forum Discussion

Swap
Community Member
6 days ago

Articulate Rise courses are not playing in LMS app

Hi Everyone,

We’ve developed a native LMS app for both Android and iOS platforms, and we’ve encountered an issue with Articulate Rise courses. Recently published Rise courses are not playing in the app. When debugging in the simulator, we are seeing an "unauthorized access" error. We’re unable to resolve this issue so far.

SCORM courses created in other authoring tools like Lectora, Captivate, and Articulate Storyline 360 (including the latest one) are working fine, and even older Rise courses are playing without any problems.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or found a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Hi Swap,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand you're experiencing an issue where Rise courses that were published recently aren't playing correctly in your LMS. Can you please share some specifics about what you're seeing? Are you receiving an error message?

It sounds like you've tried viewing more than one course; have you tested them in SCORM Cloud to see if they play as expected? If they don't work in SCORM Cloud, please open a support case with our team so we can take a look. If there's no issue in SCORM Cloud, it may be a setting within the LMS.

I hope this helps! 

Swap
      Community Member

Hi KellyAuner,

We are encountering an issue with Articulate Rise courses in our iOS and Android apps. The courses work perfectly when launched through a web browser in our LMS and on SCORM Cloud.

However, when we attempt to open the courses in our iOS app, the app crashes. On the Android app, the course briefly displays the default loader of Articulate Rise before the screen goes blank. We are using WebView to launch the courses in both apps. The recent Articulate Storyline course are working fine in both the app. 

• Hi Swap!

Thanks for following up. Glad to see Kelly has been helping you!

If the SCORM package performs as expected in SCORM Cloud, this issue is likely related to the LMS app being used. I suggest connecting with the development team, to have them take a deeper look at what could be causing the 'unauthorized access' error.