Forum Discussion

SilviaZanella-4
Community Member
3 years ago

Audio track not connected to timeline

When my slide starts, audio track a starts, when this is finished track b starts and the timeline is going, however, when I try to leap forward or backward, the audio stops but does not go to the point I move it in the timeline, when I click play again, it continues where left off, regardless where the marker in the timeline is.

the global player settings are set to allow user to drag the seek bar

this issue seem to only concern slides with more than 1 audio, either on 1 slide or multiple audio on various layers

• If you add a trigger to an audio file it loses its connection to the timeline, which is why the waveform disappears off the timeline to show this.

Can you add the audio onto a layer, so the layer is triggered instead of the audio file and then set that layer to be seekable?

• do you have a trigger to start the audio?

On the timeline does it show as a waveform?

SilviaZanella-4
      Community Member

HI
      The 1st audio track a starts automatically track b is triggered to start when a completes

Track a - yes file type .mp3
      Track b no - .wav file

strangely enough, when I hover over the .wav it appears as .mp3

Regards
      SZ

• Hi Silvia!

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your audio stopping. 

Could you please share your .story file in this thread or privately in a support case

Thank you!

• I took the trigger out, it turned to a wave line and I just moved it in the timeline to start after track a

so that was very helpful, thank you

however my total timeline is approx. 2 min, although my tracks in total are just about 1 min.

I cannot shorten the time line. and there are no other layers in this slide

@ Luciana, I am afraid I cannot because of confidentiality. if nothing helps I may extract this 1 slide

• You should be able to drag it backwards.

I wonder if you have a shape that is not set always to show.

Look at the objects on the end of the timeline do they all have an arrow at the end?

You can right-click them to show until the end. and when they are all set, you can drag it back.

• Hi Silvia

I understand the need for confidentiality, but it will be easier if we can look into the file. Our Support team can sign an NDA, and they’ll delete the file once they find the issue

If you're still experiencing this after trying Phil's suggestion above, please let me know! 

• Hi

in preparation of copying the slide over into a new blank story project for a support case, I was able to shorten the timeline to the actual length of 57 sec

before the audio track appeared as 2 min I was unable to shorten the timeline

(2min in timeline, but 56 sec in Audio editing mode)

once I shorten the timeline in the new story file, I deleted the original slide of the old story file and copied back the slide with the shortened timeline

and now it works

no idea why.