Forum Discussion

XavierBourgu139
Community Member
6 months ago

Can Drag and Drop have only one correct answer?

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to SL. I have a setup a drag and drop slide where there is a picture in the centre and 4 words. The user has to drag and drop the correct word on top of the picture to be able to continue to the next slide. I would like the user to also be able to drag the other 3 words (which are wrong), to the picture and get feedback saying they are wrong, with additional info.

My problem is that in a drag and drop scenario, it seems that each draggable item has to match a target. There is only one target in my slide. How do I check that the correct item has been dropped onto the target and immediately provide the NEXT button (which means the user is correct), or, how do I check the wrong item has been dropped as soon as it has been dropped, and provide feedback accordingly?

Thank you

• You can add the other items in the Draggable list, just do not give them a correct target.  Leave it as "none"

• If the other draggable incorrect objects/pictures are set to ‘None’ can you still drag and drop one of them on the target (and stay there) whilst a message appears to say it is incorrect, Try Again?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is correct! The correct event will appear as long as the correct answers are marked and submitted. Any other event will be treated as incorrect, including dropping draggable elements with no associated correct answers onto a target.