Forum Discussion

JonathanCruz-45
Community Member
6 years ago

Can I change a thumbnail on a video?

Right now it is showing a black screen, is there a way to add a thumbnail image from my video as the cover instead of a black screen?

• Yes indeed: thumbnail option is critically needs in RISE for Videos not to start with blank frame.

• Hi,

I am using Rise and have a black screen on 2 of the video uploads and a thumbnail or first screen displaying on the third video. I would like it to be consistent and have thumbnails start screens on all my videos uploaded into Rise. 

Have tried editing in Replay but it won't let me import the video says its not a recognised file format.

How can I set the video to show a start screen and not black please?

Thanks

Ruth

• Hi Michelle!

Since you mentioned slides and layers, it sounds like you're using Storyline 360. Is that right? 

If so, you have the ability to set the poster frame in Storyline 360. Simply right-click the video placeholder, and choose set poster frame.

• I too am working on a project with several videos embedded on slides and am getting a blank screen. Picking a thumbnail would be most useful.

In the meantime, I played/paused the video then took a screenshot of the opening scene. Then put the video on a layer and added a trigger to the base layer to show the layer with user clicks the image. And finally, I added a text box stating to click the image to play the video. 

• Hi there, Jonathan. This isn't an option currently, but we're tracking this request. I'll tag this discussion for updates. 

In the meantime, some folks are using Replay 360 to add an image at the beginning of a video, and publishing to .mp4.

SheetalPatel-c0
      Community Member

Hi Crystal,

Originally this thread started many years ago, can you confirm if this option is available now? If yes then how can I make the changes in Rise 360?

Thanks,

Sheetal

DrewEverett-1b5
        Community Member
        Sheetal Patel

Hi Crystal,

Originally this thread started many years ago, can you confirm if this option is available now? If yes then how can I make the changes in Rise 360?

Thanks,

Sheetal

Same

RayzApp
      Community Member

Hi. We are demanding the adding video cover image feature on the Rise 360 as soon as possible :)) Thank you.