Forum Discussion

KristinZima
Community Member
2 months ago

Closed Captions in Storyline block of Rise Course

I built a course in Storyline and ensure all text-to-speech included captions. When I place the storyline file in the rise course, I do not see the captions. How can I add captions to the storyline file that is in a Rise course?

MeredithMurgia
    Community Member

I am also having this issue. In the Player in Storyline, it shows my closed captions are turned on but then when I upload it to Rise 360 and view it in Rise, the closed caption button disappears. Still troubleshooting. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Meredith,

Sorry about the trouble with the closed caption button. Can you confirm if the Storyline block is not visible when you first load the Rise lesson? This means the block is below other Rise blocks when the lesson first loads.

I'm asking because we have a reported bug related to the closed caption button with the above reproduction steps. If it's a different scenario for you, would you mind sharing a screen recording of what you see so we can better understand what's happening?

I am looking forward to your response!

MeredithMurgia
        Community Member

Hi Eric!

I was able to figure it out but the fix came in an unexpected way. My supervisor suggested checking if my storyline was due for updates. It was indeed and AFTER I ran the most recent updates, the closed caption button then appeared in Rise for my Storyline block. 

I found this perplexing because about a month ago I worked on a similar project and didn't have that issue. So something got funky in between then and I just needed to run a software update.

Thanks for checking in!

Meredith

• are you publishing as a course or a video?

If it is a course do you have the caption button on the player? If not you can always set the variable in storyline to true and captions will show.