Forum Discussion

BrianHearn
Community Member
11 years ago

Disable Auto-Completion for Course in LMS

How do I setup Articulate to NOT automatically give me credit in my LMS when I close the course? Right now when a user opens the course and closes it, he gets credit in the LMS but I do not want him to get credit without clicking a button to communicate a "Completion" status to the LMS.

• Hi Grace!

Rise 360 doesn't have a feature that turns off completion. We are continuing to track this request, so I've added your comment to our report. We'll keep you updated on this discussion.

• Hi Brian! How do you have your tracking results set upon publish? Are you tracking by number of slides viewed or by quiz results?

TrinaMacKay
    Community Member

This is what I need an answer too as well please!  I'm tracking by quiz result, but I don't want any score to be submitted unless they pass.  

BrianHearn
    Community Member

Since I was not able to find a solution at that time, I decided to add a slide with a single question that was worth 100% and asked users to click the radio button to confirm they completed the course. Otherwise it would not submit the score.

Do you know if there's a way to do that without having to add a question and score it?

• It sounds as if your course does not have quiz otherwise, so you could utilize the slides viewed option as shared above.

• Hi, How do you turn off completion altogether in Rise? I.e. I do not want to record as completed, because I have an exam embedded in the LMS itself that marks completion.

VeronicaBurry
    Community Member

We are using Rise and Storyline, in some cases, as a means to share information with staff and do not want them to receive a notification of course completion after viewing the ePresentation.  I'm wondering if there have been updates to this option in Rise or Storyline?

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Thanks for following up, Veronica, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ⭐️

We continue to track this request for Rise, so I've added your comment to our report. In the meantime, you can remove the sidebar in Settings so that that the progress bar won't show up. 

In regards to Storyline, you should be able to manage this within your LMS, so I'd recommend following up with your LMS admin for guidance.

We'll keep you updated in this discussion for any new movements!

VeronicaBurry
        Community Member

Thank you so much for the follow-up and the response to my question.

Our team is loving RISE and other Articulate tools and it's so great to know that there is a community of support available for any questions we have.

Thanks again,
        Veronica

[Newfoundland Labrador logo]

Veronica Burry
        Centre for Learning and Development
        Public Service Commission

P.O. Box 8700
        5th Floor, West Block
        St. John's, NL A1B 4J6

Government of Newfoundland & Labrador

E-mail/Skype: vburry@gov.nl.ca

“This email and any attached files are intended for the sole use of the primary and copied addressee(s) and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. Any distribution, use or copying by any means of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.”

• Glad to hear it, Veronica.

Your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

• We would also like the ability to not set completion in Rise. In the Rise course we have a link to an external resource the learner needs to complete and submit something to a Training Coordinator before getting completion of the course.

GabrielaMora716
      Community Member

Hi Marc, I'm looking to do the same thing. Did you ever get any response?

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hello Gabriela!

We don't currently have an option to disable progress indicators in Rise 360. We do have an active feature request that I've added your voice to so we can update you if this makes it on our roadmap.

If we come up with a workaround, I'll make sure to share it here too!