Forum Discussion

RachaelLundin-3
Community Member
4 months ago

Disable Skip Navigation Shortcut

Why does the check box to Disable Skip Navigation Shortcut sometimes become checked and then greyed out so that it can't be unchecked?  This has happened to me twice now.  The first time I created a new story line file and imported the slides and that fixed it.  I considered it a random bug and went on with my life.  The second time it happened, I did the same thing, but while it was initially not checked, it later became checked and then greyed out again.  Am I doing something that is causing this?

• Ok, so, I can recreate the problem when I remove everything from the player tabs.  I guess this makes sense. No need to skip navigation if there aren't any tabs?  But the feature that I want is for the screen reader to get to a "back to top" button once the user arrows down to the bottom of a slide. And that isn't an option when the Disable Skip Navigation is checked.  Ideas?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for reaching out!

The behavior described is the correct behavior of the Disable skip navigation shortcut. The "Back to top." will only appear when "Disable skip navigation shortcut" is left unticked as this is the shortcut this option refers to. More details here:

Can I ask why you prefer to have the skip navigation shortcut disabled instead of leaving the setting as is?

RachaelLundin-3
        Community Member

No, you misunderstand.  The option is checked to disable it and it is greyed out so I can't untick it.  I WANT the option for Back to Top.