Forum Discussion

JasmineGarcia-B
Community Member
2 months ago

Exit Course Button

Is there an option or future enhancement in Rise360 to have the "Exit Course" link button to be placed on the right-hand side again and not only on the left-hand side of the screen?

GarrettHall
    Community Member

As a result of this odd change, we now have to republish all of our Rise courses so that the Exit course link is consistently in the same place. Then we have to send out communications to all of our existing students to explain to them that the exit course button has changed. It's going to be an incredibly time consuming process that will waste a lot of valuable development time we can spend on other projects. Why did the button have to move in the first place?

• The Exit Course is an essential feature for us. And the movement from the current right side is a major cause for concern. As Karl points out above, "old habits die hard," and I'm concerned about all the student hours and progress that will be wasted due to such an unnecessary change. Why not put the new, less essential Quiz Timer on the left side and leave the Exit Course button where it is?

• Moving functions in any software impacts learners who become familiar with an application, so I am puzzled why this decision was made. 

This type of change should not be arbitrarily made and especially if the consequences affect learners' training results. 

Please consider changing this back and looking for another solution.

• Hi all!

Thank you for your feedback! We have returned the Exit Course link to the right side. Please let me know if you aren't seeing this on your end.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Thank you! We really appreciate rolling it back.

TawneyAlger-825
      Community Member

Not seeing this on my end. All the courses I published last week have the Exit Course button on the left. 

KarlMuller
        Community Member

You need to republish all the courses you published last week to implement the rollback. 

KarenGraham-341
      Community Member

Is this rollback a permanent change to return the exit button to the right? I ask because we just went through the process of updating our course tutorials to have the exit button explained to be on the left, now when we export it - the button is on the right again!
      I do not want to go through the long grueling update process only to have the location change once again. Also you have no documentation regarding the update to return the exit button to the right. i had to DIG in these forums to find this response to find out a change was made again.

We are working on one course that is in 6 languages and has 13 separate rise files per language.
      And another one that is in 2 languages that is 7 separate rise files per language. The constant change of the exit button location is causing a lot of issues for us and the launch of these courses.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

For all our courses,  the "Exit Course" link appears in the top right corner. 

Can you please upload an image that shows the "Exit Course" link on the left?

JasmineGarcia-B
      Community Member

Hi Karl,

Thanks for responding on my post. Please see sample screenshot attached for your reference. All I know is that Articulate released an update about the "Exit Course" link. Can you check on your end again as to why yours are still on the top right corner. See this link: Rise 360 Version History - Articulate Support

Though I hope the support could at least add an option or feature wherein "Exit Course" button can either be placed on the top right-hand or top left-hand.

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi,

We have not seen this change, because we have not published any courses since Articulate made this change on July 17, 2024. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

We have been doing course maintenance and I have a long list of courses that now need to be republished. 

This is potentially going to be a major issue for us, as we have 5000+ students that expect the "Exit Course" link to appear in the top right corner.  

If students do not see the "Exit Course" link to appear in the top right corner, they will simply close the window that contains the Rise course.

If our students do not use the the "Exit Course" link, the LMS does not record ANY data for their current session.

I will do some testing and post an update based on what I find.